Q & A (Others)
1. She made an oath dependent on some matter, and that matter is no longer an issue; what is the ruling?
2. He vowed to give charity if he recovered the money that was owed to him, and he recovered half of it; does he have to give in charity?
3. Which takes precedence: making up missed Ramadan fasts or fasting in expiation for breaking an oath or fulfilment of a vow?
4. I have to offer kafaarat yameen (expiation for breaking a vow); is it permissible for me to give udhiyah meat to the poor, with the intention of offering expiation?
5. He vowed to fast for an entire month; can he make it Dhu’l-Hijjah?
6. If a person swears an oath silently, is his oath binding?
7. He vowed to give charity if the team he supports won the match
8. What is the ruling on one who swore on the Mushaf (Qur’an) when he was not in a state of purity?
9. A Catholic woman promised Allah that she would not get married if Allah forgave her sins, then she became Muslim
10. If a person vowed to give his child a certain name, is he obliged to fulfil that vow (nadhr)?
11. She made a vow to her Lord, then she did not adhere to that vow for some time; what is the ruling?
12. A vow to do something that Allah has made obligatory and enjoined upon people is not valid
13. Ruling on one who swears about something based on what he thinks is likely to be the case, then it turns out to be otherwise
14. Taking Serious Oaths While Being Affected by Insinuating Whispers
15. She swore that she would not speak to her and she sent her a text message; has she broken her oath?
16. He swore that he would never do a certain thing in his life, and stipulated that he would fast for thirty consecutive days if he did it, and if he did not fulfill that obligation, then he would fast for sixty consecutive days – and he has broken his
17. If a person fasts in expiation for breaking an oath, does he have to feed poor people if he becomes able to afford it after that?
18. He said to his wife: I swear a threefold oath (of divorce) that you will go to school
19. He swore a false oath so that his friend would take his charity and not reject it
20. He swore that he would stop watching movies, then he watched a movie by mistake. Does he have to offer expiation, and how can he stop watching movies?