Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Can zaaniya repent and marry?

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.  (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)


One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh, i know someone who has `reverted` back to islam.


Her situation is a bit difficult and she needs advice and want to know whom she should talk too.


She is muslim and she had a boyfiriend. She `lived` with him for a long time and even bought a house together. She no longer sees him and now lives with her parents. The boy in question, is not a muslim but come from a non-practicing christian family and belives that there is a God. He recently took the Shahada at the local Mosque, at the moment is learning Salat and is being taught by her brother. The boy wants to know if he and the girl can now marry? and the girl is also ready to marry. She knows she was wrong and she has done istakhara for advice as to if it is ok to get married and will Allah for give her for her mistake. She knows she has done wrong but the boy has now converted and wants to know if she can now get married - she is very confused and she doesnt know who she can go to for avice on her situation.


Please can you help and advice.

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)




Can za’aniya repent and marry?

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad(saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.


Whatever one may have done in the past, if she seeks sincere repentance from Allah Subhanah and subsequently amends her conduct; she will find Allah Subhanah Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful. The ‘Door of Repentance’ is open until one meets with his/her appointment of death; thus no matter what evil deeds one might have committed in ignorance in the past, one should always turn to Allah Subhanah and seek His forgiveness.


Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 39 Surah Zumur verses 53-54:(O Prophet) say: “O My servants who have wronged their own souls….Do not despair of Allah’s Mercy! Surely, Allah forgives all sins. He indeed is the All Forgiving, All Merciful. Return to your Lord and submit to Him before the scourge overtakes you; for then you may get no help from anywhere.”


Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 6 Surah Anaam verse 54:When those come to you who believe in Our Signs, say: "Peace be on you! Your Lord had inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy. Verily if any of you did evil in ignorance, and thereafter repented and amended (his conduct), Lo! He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."


The boy, if he has taken the ‘shahaadah’ or testification of faith, is now a muslim and all the rights that are due to a muslim brother, will be accorded to him. It is absolutely permissible for him and the girl to marry. Besides, his taking the ‘shahaadah’ and entering into Islam is in itself such a big and honorable deed, that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said that The Merciful Lord wipes off all the past sins of the one who leaves disbelief and enters into Islam!


The Prophet (saws) said: 'Do you not know that (entering into) Islam wipes off all past sins, and Hijrah (leaving one’s home and hearth for Allah's Cause) wipes off all sins, and (similarly) Hajj wipes off all past sins!"' (Narrated by Muslim)


Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.


Your Brother in Islam,





Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: