Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Marriage expenses - Claim for divorce by father in law

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

if any body leave the wife after 15 years of marrriage he has to give the expenses of marrriage which was given by the fatehr inlaw at the time of marriage like marriage function hall expensed or dawat ka karcha and other thigs which was given by them or other please explanin me in urjent bahi

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)


In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

If a man divorces his wife he should fear Allah swt and give willingly an amount he can afford to ensure that the woman can live in the same standard as when they were a couple. He should also let her keep the mehr and all the gifts she received from him.



Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Members of Islamhelpline

Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: