Question & Answers
Rasms & Rituals
1. Hello Burhan, I just read your answer on Shabe-Baraat. I thought this night was the night of Hazrat Ali and Bibi Fatima`s wedding. Is that not true.
2. Things to do during new born baby
3. Special days and nights which the Prophet celebrated
4. Planting a tree on grave.
5. Gifts and circumcision during hajj.
6. I highly appreciate the work that you are putting in to educating all Bohra brethren, May Allah bless you for this excellent work. A question has been bothering me for a while and I will appreciate some relevant answers. With the first of Moharram is the Bohra tradition of the `Thaal` and the keeping of `Pan`, `Supari`, and `Coconut` as auspicious things. Further, there has been a tradition of `Thaal Wadhawanu`, which has been going on for ages. Is there any significance to this other than the fact that it is a tradition carried forward from the Nagar Brahmin roots of Bohras that were converted a few centuries ago that are still being manifested as everyday traditions. I am of the opinion that these are pagan rituals, please correct me if I am wrong. I will appreciate a reply as first Moharram is fast approaching. Thanks
7. Wearing garland is allowed or not in the time of Marriage.
8. Qul fatihah for deceased.
9. Asak Is it compulsory to inform his family members that he had accepted islam.
10. While making the house, is there any restrictions to make entry in house from any side (ie. frm east, west, north & south).
11. My question is can we do a faateha ?
12. I have a question, our people during both the Eid`s when the the men return back from the Eid prayer and when they come home, before they could enter the house the lady.
13. Is couples allowed to marry wivout any witness.
14. I would like to know as in Malaysia and Singapore there is "Hantaran" and "Mas Kawin" during the nikah time...which one of this is consider "Mehr".
15. I want to know what is the responsibility and duties of a married man to his wife`s parents?
16. Assalamualaikum I want to know about the month of Moharram.
17. I just wanted to ask you a simple question whether we muslims can greet the non-belivers on their religious occassions or not?
18. Is it prohibited for muslims to celebrate ( buy gifts to each other) marriage anniversary.
19. (Questioin No:5697)Is it permissible in Islam to announce to all the relatives when a Girl is starting her mensuration period.
20. "Can one prostrate to Parents?",