Hand crushing photo iranian
Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,
As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)
One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:
Bhai kindly write a suitable answer for non muslims for these photos
(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)
Hand crushing photo Iranian
In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.
Allah Subhanah, in His Perfect and Absolute Wisdom, has prescribed the cutting of the hand of the thief who is convicted of his crime in a Shariah Court of Law. Such strict punishments in Shariah are prescribed not only to punish one who intentionally endangers and violates the sacrosanct life, property, and honor of others, but to serve as an example and instill fear in the hearts of the other perspective criminals in a society who might have an inclination towards the crime.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 5 Surah Maidah verses 38-39:
38 As to the thief male or female cut off his or her hand: a punishment by way of example from Allah for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in Power.
39 But if the thief repents after his crime and amends his conduct, Allah turneth to him in forgiveness; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.
The following criteria have to be met before the
prescribed law of severing the hands of the thief is applied by the
- If the thief is a child or is insane, the law of severing the hand of the thief cannot be applied.
- Depending on the income level and the economy of the state, the scholars and jurors of the state will determine a minimum amount above which the law would apply. If the theft is below the minimum amount, the law of severing the hand of the thief would not apply.
- It has to be proven in a Shariah Court of Law that the thief stole something which was kept and held in relative safety by its owner. For example if one stole some fruits from a tree, or one picked up something one finds on the road, or one stole something which was simply lying in the open, then the prescribed law of severing the hand would not apply.
- If it is proven in court that the thief stole some food only to satisfy his or his familys hunger, the law of severing the hand would not apply.
The prescribed Law will only be applied by the
If one looks at the societies where theft, murder, and slander are rampant, and the life, property and honor of the law-abiding citizens are at constant risk from criminals who indulge in their crime without any fear or respect for the law.one would have to admit that the prevalent laws of the land are just not strict enough to safeguard the life, property, and honor of a citizen. In societies where a thief knows with conviction that the rewards he can earn from stealing the property of others far outweigh the risk of getting caught, it only encourages more lawlessness and crime. But if a thief knew that his crime would endanger the safety or availability of his hand if he were convicted of the crime, he would think a million times before he approached the property of others with evil intent.
Ref: the photos
If one takes a closer look at the photos, it is obvious that the whole episode is a street circus or a street performance some people do in impoverished countries in order to make a living, rather than an application of the Shariah Law!
- Under absolutely no circumstances can a Shariah Law punishment be applied to a minor!
- Photo-1 clearly depicts a small crowd watching the performance and the person organizing the show holding a microphone to invite and encourage the people to watch the street circus! Neither does the person holding the microphone look like a executioner, nor the watching public look anything like court officials or the police!
Some devious minds who have an agenda of inventing and spreading Islamaphobia have taken a sequence of photos from a mere street performance and tried to link the episode to explain the implementation of Shariah Lawand none but the absolute ignorant would believe such falsehoods!
Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 61 Surah Saff verses 7-9:
7 Who does a greater wrong than one who invents falsehood against Allah, even as he is being invited to Islam? And Allah guides not those who do wrong.
8 Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light with their mouths: but Allah will complete His Light even though the disbelievers may detest it!
9 It is He (Allah) Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth that he may proclaim it over all religions; even though the pagans may detest it!
Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 17 Surah Bani Israel verse 81:
And declare, The Truth has come and falsehood has vanished. And falsehood is a thing that must by its (very) nature, vanish!
Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.
Your brother and well wisher in Islam,