Pointing finger muslims shia
Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,
As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)
One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:
I have seen some people from the Shia groups, not showing the Shahada (the Pointing of the finger) to say Ash'hadu ana illa ha'elala Wa'ash hadu ana mohamadu rasululah. When they finish their prayers.. I have argued with them on several occasions but they say their fathers and four fathers never did it why should they and they say that all shias don't point the finger in Shahada. I know its not correct because our prophets and all the Muslims around the world point their fingers... And i have told them its wrong what they are doing but they are not listening they say Shias and Sunnis are different. Can you please help them see that what they are doing is wrong. Because i know for a fact that when we say the Shahada we are giving a blow to Shayaten,, But without pointing how does it acknowledge the fact that we are Muslims.
(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)
Pointing finger muslims shia
In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.
Respected brother, raising the finger while declaring the shahaadah in prayer, is indeed from the authentic Sunnah. But to be honest, there is such a vast difference in the aqeedah and the belief of our Shia brethren with the Muslim Ummah that arguing on a relatively small matter in the deen like raising the finger would be to argue with one who has a massive heart-attack that his finger-nails are long and thus unhygienic!
It would be more prudent to talk to them regarding the differences in the aqeedah and beliefs such as:
- Only the Prophets of Allah are masoom or sinless, and not the Imams.
- It is Allah Subhanah Who appoints the Prophets to the rank of Prophethood; the Imams amongst the believers are chosen appointed by the believers and not Allah Subhanah!
- The Prophet (saws) did not appoint a successor to be the Ameer ul Muminoon after him; but left that decision to the believers who chose Hadrat Abu Bakr as the Khalifah of the Prophet (saws). Our Shia brethren believe that Hadrat Ali (r.a.) was the appointed Ameer and leader of the believers.
- Our Shia brethren belittle and curse some amongst the wives and the noble companions of the Prophet (saws) like Hadrat Aisha (r.a.), Hadrat Hafsa (r.a.), Hadrat Abu Bakr (r.a.), Hadrat Umar (r.a.), Hadrat Uthmaan (r.a.), etc.
- Our Shia brethren believe that the deceased amongst the pious believers have the power to hear and respond to our supplications! Etc. etc.
Respected brother, it would only be prudent to first take efforts to set the aqeedah of our Shia brethren right in accordance with the Guidance of the Quran and the authentic Sunnah..rather than argue with them regarding the raising of the finger, which is only a small part of the deen.
Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.
Your brother and well wisher in Islam,