Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Recently my wife fell in love with non Muslim boy who is 10years younger than her and had sex with him.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)


One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:


I am married for 6 years and me and my wife where very loving & caring, we don`t have any kids after few abortions. Recently my wife fell in love with non Muslim boy who is 10years younger than her and had sex with him. Now she cannot live with him cause he is not willing to take her and she wants to live with me, what do I do. Can I continue living with her, cause I love her so much. I am undergoing a severe depression and whenever I touch her I feel as if I am touching a another mans wife. How to come out it or can I divorce her, please guide me in to it. I am 33 years old and my wife is 35years old. 


(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)




Wife commits zina

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.


Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 17 Surah Israa verse 32:

Do not even go near ‘zina’ (fornication or adultery) for it is a very indecent thing and a very evil way!


Zina (adultery) is considered amongst the gravest sins in Islam. One can only imagine the severity of the sin by the punishment Allah and His Messenger (saws) have decreed for this abomination. If one is living in an Islamic State and gets convicted in a Shariah Court of the sin of zina (adultery), the punishment prescribed by Allah and His Messenger (saws) for the life of this world is that the convict should be stoned to death!! And if the person dies without making Taubah or seeking sincere repentance for their transgression from Allah Subhanah before they meet with their appointment of death, their punishment of the Hereafter in the Just Court of Allah Subhanah would be much more severe and lasting!!


Dear and beloved brother in Islam, as a believing and God-fearing husband of a wife who has transgressed the bounds of the Lord and committed the absolute abomination of ‘zina’, you have two lawful options in Islam:

Option-1: If you honestly believe that your wife committed the evil of ‘zina’ in ignorance, fears Allah and His Day of Accounting, and is sincerely ashamed and repentant for her abomination of a crime….and you can bring yourself to forgive her, it would be best to forgive her her sin and save your marriage.


Option-2: But if you see that your wife neither fears Allah nor the Day of Judgment, nor is she ashamed nor repentant for her transgressions….and given half an opportunity she would indulge in the same transgression again; it is incumbent and obligatory upon you as a husband who sincerely fears Allah and the Last Day to immediately and permanently separate from such an impious and immoral wife through divorce. It would simply not befit the characteristic of a believing husband who sincerely fears Allah and the Last Day to agree to remain married to a woman who insists or continues to commit adultery.


Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 3655 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Umar

Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "There are three people to whom Allah has forbidden Paradise: one who is addicted to wine, an undutiful son, and a cuckold who agrees to his womenfolk's adultery."


Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.


Your brother and well wisher in Islam,





Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: