What should be done with interest?

Dear Brothers & Sisters,
As-Salaamu-Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)
One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:
I am working in a company where they gave to employees a few years ago a mount of money they put in a blocked account for 5 years. This amount of money is with interest and they give it to you after 5 years or when you give your resignation.  
I know it is haram but we did not have any choice.  
I am going to leave the company in a few month, and I would like to know how I have to do with this money. Can I keep what they gave me initially and give the amount of interest os saddakka ? Can you please help me, because I do not want to commit a sin.
(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)
Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Praise be to Allaah.

The money that you are going to take after five years will be composed of the capital – which is the money paid by the company – and the riba-based profits – which are known as interest. Because riba-based money is not permissible for you, you have no right to take any more than the capital, and you have to leave the interest to the bank, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“but if you repent, you shall have your capital sums”

[al-Baqarah 2:279]

See also question no. 22392

If the bank insists on your taking this haraam interest, then you should take it and you have to get rid of it by giving it to charity; it is not permissible for you to keep it or benefit from it in any way. See question no. 292

And Allaah knows best.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah's Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: