Al-Manaahi al-Lafziyyah (forbidden expressions)
1. Ruling on describing a professional player as “God” or “Godlike”
2. What is the ruling on someone who describes another person as a Jew, meaning that he is miserly or greedy?
3. What is the ruling on saying “Praise be to Allah to the ultimate degree”?
4. There is nothing wrong with saying of someone who defeats another “he knocked him off his throne”
5. Ruling on saying “good luck” or “bad luck”
6. What is the ruling on a wife saying to her husband, “You are my soul; I cannot live without you”?
7. Does the death of an elderly person cause calamity or a decrease in barakah (blessing) for his surviving family members?
8. Is it permissible to say that someone resembles the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)?
9. Is it permissible to say “So and so is my benefactor (wali ni‘mati)”?
10. If a person commits a sin for which he deserves to be cursed, can he repent? Is it possible for Allah to forgive him?
11. Is treating people equally unfairly justice?
12. Comment on the du‘aa’, “I strove hard to conceal my sins, and You strove hard, my Lord, in concealing me”
13. Is the saying “If you knew the unseen you would be content with what happened to you” correct?
14. Can Allah be described as having protective jealousy (gheerah)? Can it be said that Allah has protective jealousy for His Prophets and close friends?
15. Ruling of saying the word “wayl” (woe)
16. Is the supplication, “O Allah, show us a bad day for them” regarded as reviling or inveighing against time?
17. Can he say “Ana faatir (I am not fasting)” if he is not fasting?
18. Reviling Someone in Secret
19. Ruling on giving the title Sayyiduna to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and calling people by the names of Allah
20. Their saying: “The left hand does not harm you” and the response, “Your left hand is like your right”