Things which invalidate the fast
21. He masturbated during the day in Ramadan in order to provide a sample of semen for testing in the case of infertility; what are the consequences of that action?
22. Whoever voluntarily swallows food remnants that are caught between his teeth, or swallows some of the water he uses to rinse out his mouth whilst doing wudoo’, has broken the fast
23. He works in a salt factory, and cannot help inhaling salt dust whilst fasting
24. She drank something because she forgot that she was fasting, and her mother told her that she had broken a fast, so she broke the fast, then she made up that day; does she have to do anything further?
25. She is menstruating and is asking him to touch her private part when he is fasting
26. He is not sure whether what came out of him whilst he was fasting was madhiy or maniy
27. Postnasal drip in the case of sinusitis does not affect the validity of the fast
28. It is not a condition of fasting being valid that one should pray in congregation
29. If a person is aware that masturbation is haraam, but is unaware that it invalidates the fast, does he break the fast if he masturbates during the day in Ramadan?
30. Can she kiss her female friend on the cheek when she is fasting?
31. He used to invalidate his fast several years ago, and he does not know the number of days on which he broke his fast
32. If he kisses his wife whilst fasting and emits maniy, he has invalidated his fast and must make it up
33. She broke the Ramadan fast because of a relationship between her and a young man; what must she do?
34. Does using ointment inserted into the anus break the fast?
35. Her husband engaged in foreplay with her in Ramadan, and she thought to let him have intercourse with her so that he would break his fast and be sinning! Did she break her fast with this intention?
36. He woke up during the day in Ramadan and found that he was emitting maniy (semen), and he does not know whether it was a wet dream or masturbation; what is the ruling on his fast?
37. Ruling on inserting a finger into the rectum to deal with constipation; does that affect the fast?
38. He imitated the voice of the mu’adhdhin during Ramadan and his family broke their fast early, then he regretted it; what should he do?
39. Is the fast broken if a person thinks about breaking it or wishes that he was not fasting?
40. If penetration occurs during the day in Ramadan, the fast is invalidated according to scholarly consensus, regardless of whether ejaculation occurs