Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

How women form saff prayer

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

ASALAAM ALAIKUM WA RAHMATULLAH,

MY QUESTION IS ABOUT HOW WOMEN SHOULD LINE UP TO PRAY WHEN IN THE MASJID. I`VE BEEN TO DIFFERENT MASJIDS AND SOMETIMES THEY START THE LINE FROM THE RIGHT OF THE MASJID AND SOMETIMES THEY START FROM THE CENTER. I AM CONFUSED WHICH IS THE BETTER TO DO? DOES IT MATTER? JAZAK ALLAH KHAIR.

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

How women form saff prayer

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

In the time of the Prophet (saws) the women would pray behind the rows of the men, and their rows would start just like the men; from the centre of the row behind the imam.

Nowadays, depending on where the dedicated womens praying area is located in the masjid vis--vis the location of the imam will determine where exactly the women will start their prayers.

Thus if the womens praying area is located behind the imam, the women should best start their rows from the centre.

If the womens praying area is located to the left of the imam, the women should best start their rows from the side closest to the imam; ie. the right side.

And if the womens praying area is located to the right of the imam, the women should best start their rows from their left.

We wish to clarify here that where exactly the women start their rows in the masjid is not something which would invalidate their prayers. Regardless of whether they start their rows from the centre, right, or left, their prayers would still be acceptable. The issue of where exactly the women start their rows for prayer in a masjid is not between right and wrong, but rather between good and best.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Burhan