Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,
As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)
One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:
May his email find you in the best of health.
My question to you is.
1) I have dreams which most of the time comes true, it all started 3 years ago when I dreamt there is a big wedding and a lot of food and all my aunties where there except one, after few weeks my grandfather died and all my aunties where there except the one (as as dream).
2) Another dream I had is that I was in a bus with my cousin and we fell off a bridge but it was all dark , after a few months he died.
3) Another dream I had is I was in a car with my 2 aunties and we were waving goodbye to my mum , I was driving and our car was going reverse and it fell off a bridge it was dark .i woke up that day and I told my husband am scared that one of my aunty will die, but after a month my mum died. I thought that maybe the dream I had was not my aunties was my mum because we were waving good bye to her. But last 2 weeks one of my aunty in the car (in the dream) got an accident and she died.
4) This month I dreamt that my mum was choosing a dress for me and she is telling me that there is a wedding at my in laws , twice I dreamt the same dream, last 2 weeks my brother in law was in a car with my aunty n uncle and they got an accident where my aunty and uncle passed away. This is the same aunty in the dream number 3.the deceased were siblings.
These dreams are bothering me , why do I see these dreams? And can I avoid a bad thing by maybe not saying them.And why me dreaming these dreams am I especial to Allah(s.w)
(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)
In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.144 Narrated by Abu Huraira
Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a true believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of Prophetism, and whatever belongs to Prothetism can never be false." Muhammad bin Sirin said, "But I say this." He said, "It used to be said, 'There are three types of dreams:
- The reflection of one's thoughts and experiences one has during wakefulness,
- what is suggested by the Shaytaan to frighten the dreamer,
- or glad tidings from Allah.
So, if someone has a dream which he dislikes, he should not tell it to others, but get up and offer a prayer.'"
In light of the above hadith, if one has a good dream then it is always from Allah Subhanah in the form of good tidings. Whenever one experiences good dreams and good tidings, one must be grateful to Allah Subhanah and redouble their efforts in doing good righteous deeds to make themselves deserving of the honor which their Lord Most Merciful has bestowed upon them.
If one has an evil or frightening dream, without an iota of a doubt, it is from the accursed Shaytaan. One should immediately take refuge in Allah from the accursed Shaytaan by declaring Aoodibillahi minas Shaitaan ar-rajeem, disregard the dream nor give it any importance or significance, and abstain from mentioning the dream to anyone; for it will never be able to harm them.
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.168 Narrated by Abu Salama
I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet (saws) saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of the Shaytaan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him."
Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.
Your brother and well wisher in Islam,