Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Hajj badl.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

asak, i want to ask about question of hajj and haj-e-badle. my inlaws and my children`s with husband trying to go this year for haj. pls pray for us and remenber in each and every in namez time .

1) my question is me and my husband,inlaws we did before 10`years back farz haj this time we are full family with children trying to go, but one things is confused to me how to do niyath of haj-e-badal. i am doing with the name my of grand mother, and when,where niyath to said, we are living home from that time or say niyath or near by meeqath in plan only announceing that time, pls as soon as reply me.

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

Hajj badl

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Your Question: ..but one things is confused to me how to do niyath of haj-e-badal.

The neeyah or intention for Hajj or Umrah is normally taken at the time and place of Meeqat where one adorns the ehram or pilgrim-garb for pilgrimage to the Sacred House. If one is flying into Jeddah en-route to Makkah by air for the pilgrimage, the neeyah or intention is made when one flies over the prescribed place of meeqat which would normally be announced by the flight-captain or pilot.

Your Question: i am doing with the name my of grand mother, and when,where niyath to said, we are living home from that time or say niyath or near by meeqath in plan only announceing that time, pls as soon as reply me.

If you are traveling by road to Makkah, you would need to stop at one of the prescribed places of Meeqat, adorn the pilgrim-garb or ehram, pray a two-rakah voluntary prayer, and declare your intention for pilgrimage by saying:

Labbayka Allahumma Umrah (or Hajj) meaning (Here I come O my Lord for Umrah (or Hajj)).

If you are traveling by air to Jeddah en-route to Makkah for the pilgrimage, then when the flight captain or pilot declares that the plane is currently flying above the prescribed place of Meeqat, the neeyah or intention as quoted above should be declared.

If you are doing a hajj-e-badal (hajj for another), then the neeyah one should make and declare is as follows:

Labbayka Allahumma Umrah (or Hajj) ann so and so (name of the person) meaning (Here I come O my Lord to do Umrah (or Hajj) for so and so).

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Burhan