Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW TAHAJUD TIMINGS .CAN IT BE OFFERED JUST 5 MINS BEFORE FAJIR?

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

ASSALAMUALAIKUM BROTHER .

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

Times for tahajjud

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Your Question: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW TAHAJUD TIMINGS

It is best to delay the tahajjud or late night prayer to the last third portion of the night. Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said: "Our Lord Descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring: 'Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him? Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him? Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?"'

Related by Bukhari and Muslim.

Amr ibn Abasah reports that he heard the Prophet (saws) say: "The closest that a slave comes to his Lord is during the middle of the latter portion of the night. If you can be among those who remember Allah, the Exalted One, at that time, then do so."

Related by al-Hakim, at-Tirmidhi,Nasa'i and Ibn Khuzaimah.

Abu Muslim asked Hadrat Abu Dharr Ghaffari (r.a.): "Which late-night prayer is the best?" He said: "I asked the Messenger of Allah (saws) the same that you asked me and he (saws) said, 'The (one done during) middle of the latter half of the night, and very few do it.'"

Related by Ahmad.

Abdullah ibn 'Amr reports that the Prophet (saws) said: "The most beloved fast to Allah is the fast of (Prophet) Dawood (a.s.). And the most beloved prayer to Allah is the prayer of (Prophet) Dawood (a.s.). He (Prophet Dawood (a.s.)) would sleep half of the night and then pray during the next third of the night and then sleep during the last sixth of the night. And he would fast one day and not fast the next."

Related by Bukhari and Muslim.

If one could divide ones night hours into six equal parts, then the absolute best time to offer ones voluntary tahajjud prayer would be the time of the fifth of the six portions. If one is unable to offer their tahajjud prayers at this best and most opportune time for any reason, the absolute majority of the scholars and jurists in Islam are of the opinion that if one strives to offer their tahajjud prayers at any time between the end of the isha prayers and before the call of the fajr prayers, they would receive their appropriate and due reward from their Lord for their striving.

Your Question: CAN IT BE OFFERED JUST 5 MINS BEFORE FAJIR? 

Although it would be best and closest to the Sunnah to leave a reasonable gap between the end of ones tahajjud prayers and the adhaan of the fajr prayer, if perchance one has been able to get up only five minutes before the adhaan of fajr and wishes to offer a couple of rakahs of the voluntary tahajjud prayers, there is absolutely no harm.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Burhan