Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

I want to ask one question that whether my prayer is valid or not, bcoz one day i went outside on holiday and i was in wudu.

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

Assalamualiakum

I want to ask one question that whether my prayer is valid or not, bcoz one day i went outside on holiday and i was in wudu and i prayed Asar & Magrib prayer. But when i came back to my room and when i went for toilet i found something white in my underwear without my knowledge and i don`t know what it that. so i want to know whether my prayer is valid or not. sorry that i could not explain properly to u and i think u might have understood my question.

Allah Hafiz

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

Wadi discharge and prayer

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Fiqh-us-Sunnah Fiqh 1.10

Wadi is a thick white secretion discharged (by some people) after urination. It is considered impure. Aishah said, " Wadi comes out after urination. The person should wash the private parts and perform ablution. It is not necessary to perform ghusl. This is related by Ibn al-Mundhir. Ibn 'Abbas related that "mani (ejaculation or full sexual discharge) requires ghusl. As for madhi (prostatic fluid or initial sexual discharge) and wadi they require a complete purification." This is related by al-Athram. Al-Baihaqi has it with the wording, "Concerning madhi and wadi, he said, 'Wash your sexual organs and perform the same type of ablution as you perform for prayer."'

Other than urine, there are basically three types of discharges that are released from ones private organs:

1. Wadi (a thick white secretion immediately after urination by some people)
  2. Madhi (a sort of slow release of lubricant just prior to a full sexual discharge)
  3. Mani (a full sexual discharge)

If only Wadi or Madhi is released, one does not require a ghusl or full bath to purify himself; he must wash his private parts and the part of his clothes or body where the wadi or madhi has touched, do the wudu, and he would be available for prayer.

But when the Mani or a full sexual discharge is released, it would become obligatory for the person to perform a ghusl or full bath to purify oneself before making oneself available for prayer.

Beloved brother, from what you have related, it seems more than likely that what was discharged from your private organ was a sort of wadi, and the discharge of wadi does indeed invalidate ones wudu; and because being in the state of wudu is an absolutely obligatory condition of prayer, one would have to wash ones private parts, perform the wudu and only them make themselves available for prayer.

What needs to be determined by you is whether the wadi discharge was released before or after you offered your prayers. If you are confident the wadi discharge was released after you had offered your prayers, then the prayers are obviously valid; but if you fear that the wadi discharge might have been released before you offered your prayers, it would be best to repeat those prayers, for a prayer offered without being in the state of wudu would not be valid in Shariah.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Burhan