Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Where is barzakh?

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.  (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

where is barzakh

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

Where is barzakh?

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

The literal meaning of the term barzakh is something of a barrier or a veil, or something which is kept hidden. In Quranic terminology, the period between ones death on earth and when one will be granted life again by Allah on the Day of Judgement, is known as Barzakh.

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 23 Muminoon verses 99-103:

99 (In Falsehood will they be) until when death comes to one of them he says: "O my Lord! send me back (to life)

100 In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected." By no means! It is but a word he says; before them is a Barzakh (Veil or Partition) till the Day they are raised up.

101 Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that day nor will one ask after another!

102 Then those whose balance (of good deeds) is heavy they will attain salvation:

103 But those whose balance is light will be those who have lost their souls; in Hell will they abide.

Your Question: where is barzakh?

The exact location, nature and state of the period of ones life or the condition of ones soul during the stage after ones death on earth until the Day when Allah gives life again on the Day of Judgment is amongst the knowledge of unseen; and the Knowledge of the unseen is with none except Allah Subhanah.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your Brother in Islam,

Burhan