Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Unhappy woman

Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.  (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)


One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

assalamoualaikoum,my question is a bit complicated but i hope u will be able to help me.There is a friend of mine who is married and she had two kids now.she was force to marry a man that she didnot like at all.the problem is that her husband teat her very badly,he always shout at her and he has even tell her to go away two times,she is not happy and will never be,whwt should she do in this condition?plz help me.


(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)




Unhappy woman

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad(saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.


If a husband does not honor and respect and love his wife, and does not give her the rights due to her in Shariah, the woman is well within her rights to seek a divorce; and there will be absolutely no sin upon her.


Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.98 Narrated by Abu Huraira

The Prophet (saws) said, "A virgin should not be married till she is asked for her consent; and the matron should not be married till she is asked whether she agrees to marry or not."


The parents do not have a right to forcibly marry their daughter, without her explicit approval for the marriage. Regardless of whether she was forced or not, if the woman specifically agreed to the marriage, she will be considered the wife of the man. If after marriage, the wife finds out that her husband does not honor and respect her and does not give her her due rights, she is well within her rights to initiate a divorce proceedings against her husband in a Shariah Court.


Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.


Your Brother in Islam,





Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: