Check below answers in case you are looking for other related questions:

Population 7 billion My question is that should we not try to control it.: but by planning the family more wisely like spacing between the children or by absenteeism or other permissible

Question- Family Planning


Dear Burhan! Nowadays we hear a lot about population of this world crossing 7 billion and future population explosion. Most of the problems of this world are due to overpopulation and fighting for space, water, oil and natural reserves. I know that Allah Almighty is creator and sustain-er of this whole world and every single human being, plants, animals and insects etc. My question is that should we not try to control it. I don't mean by abortion or killing but by planning the family more wisely like spacing between the children or by absenteeism or other permissible (if any) way whereby women don't get pregnant? or should we let it go like that and Allah will take care (in the form of disease, war or natural calamity)

Answer:

I dont agree with the opinion that most of the problems of the this world are due to overpopulation, But off course due to fighting for space by the mighty and against the poor, and controlling of the worldly recourses by the smallest minority of the world, both on international and national levels. Everywhere in the world, a minority of more or less 10 % to 20 % of the people is controlling more ore less 70 % to 80 % of the available recourses therein; and remaining 20% to 30% of the recourses are left for the reaming more or less 80 % to 90 % population of the world.

However, family Planning (and not completely stopping the birth or say so called birth control, or sterilization) is advisable. As it is mentioned in the question one with medical consultation, may wisely plan to maintain a gap or spacing between the two children. According to Quran a mother has to breast feed her child for 2 years; means minimum more or less, 3 years of gap between the two children is desirable by mutual consent of both husband and wife.

Off course Allah is one and only one who takes care of very limited, limited and the large families.

Allah the Al-knowing knows the best

 

Rafeeq AR Shaikh

 


Related Answers:

Recommended answers for you: